Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Still new arrivals

This afternoon I was able to read 8 c-ringed LBBG's, which is a nice number for here. 3 birds were new ones for this year, but I had seen all of them in previous springs. The following birds were seen:

white J.J
white U.1 (first time this year)
white F.G
red PC (first time this year)
red E4
red LF
blue HF
blue 82 (first time this year, I didn't see this one last spring, so today was a nice surprise).

LBBG blue 82 (RJ Buijs - F Roels), only my second observation, previous one was March 29th 2009, exactly 2 years ago :-)

LBBG white U.1 (RJ Buijs), first observation this year, last spring I saw this bird 4 times between April 4th and May 2nd (this last observation was made in one of the breeding colonies in Vlissingen).

2 comments:

  1. Hello Simon,
    nice to know that old friends are well.
    Red E4 was at DoniƱos beach (NW Spain) 04/08/2.009.
    Greetings
    Paco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paco,

    thanks for your comment, great to hear you saw red E4 in Spain before :-) I saw it now already 14 times, he/she seems to like Gent during spring/summer :-)

    All the best,
    Simon

    ReplyDelete