Sunday, April 25, 2010

New birds in Gent

Today, I checked the usual places in Gent again. Many birds present (I could check about 110 LBBG's and 30 Herrings, and read 12 colour-rings (3 new ones). Best bird was a 4th cal Herring gull, which I saw once before in November 2007 (as a 1st cal bird), in Oostende. Great to see this one in Gent now!

Herring gull yellow 55, first seen at the coast in 2007, now in Gent! This is only the first colour-ringed Herring I see in Gent this spring.

Blue C2 (project of RJ Buijs, but the blue ones are ringed in Zele, Belgium by F. Roels), last year I saw this bird at the same place on April 28th.

White K.S (RJ Buijs), first seen in July last year, my second observation of this bird. It was seen in Portugal last winter.

Blue WK, another returning individual (first seen in March last year), which I already saw last week in the nature reserve "Bourgoyen-Ossemeersen" near Gent, now seen closer to the city. This bird was seen in Spain (Colmenar Viejo) in November.

2 comments:

  1. Simon, fijne blog! Leuk dat je onze website bij de links hebt gezet. Hopelijk komen er hier ook de komende jaren wat van onze meeuwen op terecht ;-)
    gr Tim Audenaert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Tim!

    Ik hoop het ook, maar als jullie er dit jaar genoeg kunnen ringen gaat dat wel lukken :-)

    Groeten,
    Simon

    ReplyDelete