Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vlissingen-Oost

Last weekend I went to Vlissingen-Oost, where Roland-Jan Buijs has ringed many gulls in the previous years (and also some young birds this year), in order to see some of these birds. Not as succesfull as last year in May (when I read >80 rings), but I was happy with every ring I could read. In the nearby port I could read some Oystercatchers too, and a Belgian-ringed Herring (metal ring) was at Westkapelle.

Herring gulls in the colony of Vlissingen-Oost (Quarleshaven).

Herring gull yellow R5 (RJ Buijs), Vlissingen-Oost (Quarleshaven).

Herring gull yellow MJ (RJ Buijs), Vlissingen-Oost (Quarleshaven).

Pair of LBBG's, Vlissingen-Oost (Quarleshaven).

Oystercatcher LAM;LBON(L);RAG;RBGW(K), Ritthem (Sloehaven).

Oystercatcher LAM;LBLN(B);RAN;RBRW(Q), Ritthem (Sloehaven).

Herring gull Brussel H161237, Westkapelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment